Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Leap


I just found this Quotable Card, and it explains my summer thus far. I haven't blogged in a while, and my last few posts dealt with balance, time, and fear. Leaving the familiarity of one of my two jobs and starting grad school was scary for me. Trying to balance my schedule was challenging. There were a lot of new things to adjust to - grad school was new, going to school entirely online was new, and this was my first time working at a public library during the summer reading program, so that was new. New things can be intimidating to me. If I haven't done it before, I don't know if I can do well at it, and the perfectionist in me always wants to do well. This fear of not performing well can lead me to get stuck in a rut and shy away from new experiences. I am so glad that I said a prayer (well, many) and took a leap of faith. A safety net definitely appeared, and not only did I just get through everything, I enjoyed all of it. I hope that I continue to pick faith over fear and try new things in the future. I am not spontaneous by nature. I am a scheduled person, and I like that about myself. But, taking a leap is good, and trusting that God will get me through makes it even better.

1 comments:

Carrot Top Studio said...

Yeah Sarah! You certainly have my respect for taking on the newness.