Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zoe's Herbs & Teas


I had a wonderful experience today at a tea shop in the West End of Pittsburgh called Zoe's Herbs & Teas. I am volunteering at the Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA), which is right down the street. Zoe's has a comfortable, inviting atmosphere. Dried herbs (in picture above), herb plants, tea accessories, and kitchen antiques are for sale decorate the shop. There are also some books to read and a few games to play. And of course, there is tea -- many types of tea! I got peach iced tea. I also got cheddar-tomato-bacon quiche, a salad, and split a basil brownie with Charity (the woman I'm volunteering with). The herbs in the baked goods seemed a bit odd to me at first, but they are actually quite refreshing. It wasn't a strong basil flavor, and if I wasn't told it was basil, I wouldn't have placed it. It was still nice and chocolatey. There were also herbs in the quiche and on the salad. Zoe herself waited on me and was happy to make some changes to the salad because I have a few dietary restrictions (and I just don't like beets). After I asked her to leave a few items off of the salad, she offered to add zucchini and squash, which I love. It was a delicious meal. And the price was amazing! I got a piece of quiche, a salad, two glasses of iced tea (one for me and one for Charity), a large brownie, and a pretty, little tea cup and saucer to give to a friend - for $12.75. Can't be beat!

0 comments: