Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peace Be With You



I came across this quote the other day and really latched on to it. I've been thinking about peace, this kind of peace, for the last few weeks. Life has been busy lately. It's been busy with good things, but busy nonetheless. It's been wearing on me and making me feel stressed out. It is important to take time to rest and unwind, but I also think it is important to find inner peace while living in the busy times.

At first I was praying for God to give me peace, but then I realized that in John 14:27 Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid," and Colossians 3:15 says to "let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." The peace has already been given to me. The ability to be truly calm even during busy or stressful times has been offered to me. So now my prayer is asking God to help me to open myself up to the peace of Christ, for me to let go of my need to be in charge, in control of everything, and to give my worries to God, opening myself to be filled with Christ's peace.


The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

0 comments: